Saturday 4 May 2013

Unfinished Books Which May One Day Be Finished.



Last night, I was sorting through one of the draws in my bedside table. This draw is generally a writing rubbish bin. It’s filled with old research notes, books I never finished, that kind of thing…

When I finished writing TRANSCEND, I started writing another book the next day. It was completely different from The Three Stages trilogy. For a start, it was straight-out fantasy, not science-fantasy. And it was in the first person. To this day, I have never finished a book written in the first person. I just can’t do it.

But I started reading through this book. And when I put it down at practically two o’clock in the morning, I wanted to know what happened next. But nothing happened next, cos I hadn’t finished it. And so I’ve decided to try to finish it.

Once I quit a book, I generally don’t bother with it again. But there’s something about this book that makes me want to write more.

1 comment:

  1. I'm intrigued, and can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete